Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Old Lady Hands

I remember getting a kick out of my grandma not being able to open jars.

She would pass one to me and marvel at my strength.

Now I am helping Laura make thumb splints out of popsicle sticks and things I used to take for granted like pulling pork and giving the old wine spigot a good twist have become exercises in futility.

Today, per customer request, I had to turn Alien Rings into necklaces. Back in the day I would have just pried the rings shanks off the Alien head but because of my condition I have to soak them in boiling water to soften the glue. 

In the words of Nell Carter 'Give Me A BREAK!'

How much longer until we can put these kids to work???  Child labor and Hullabaloo go hand in arthritic hand. 


Some pictures of me working my craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment